Tip: Connecting Bluetooth Keyboard To iPad
The on-screen keyboard on the iPad works well, but if you need to do a lot of typing a regular keyboard may make life easier. Keep in mind that any Bluetooth keyboard will work with an iPad, you don’t have to use the one from Apple (which is a bit over priced, wait did I just say that out loud). You can find Bluetooth keyboards at Amazon, Best Buy, and many other places usually starting around $20. The following steps will explain how to pair (that’s what connecting Bluetooth is called) your keyboard with an iPad.
Connecting Your Keyboard
- Go to Settings –> Click on Bluetooth
- Tap on Bluetooth, if its Off, tap on it to turn it On.
- At this point, put your Bluetooth keyboard in pairing mode. This is usually a dedicated button or by holding the power button on the keyboard down for 5 seconds
- Once you do this, your keyboard will show up under Devices and say Not Paired.
- Tap on it, You will be prompted with a message to type a series of numbers on the Bluetooth keyboard and then press Enter on the keyboard.
- The keyboard should up under Devices and say Connected.
Go to Settings –Bluetooth, Tap on the arrow on your keyboard in the list. Tap on Forget this Device