Apple Releases macOS 10.12.1 for Mac
For those of you that have Mac laptops, Apple has now released the latest update to the OS (now known as macOS). The latest version, which is 10.12.1, is now available after going through beta testing for the past month or so. This update is for all compatible Mac pc’s.
Per the update info
The macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users. This update:
- Adds an automatic smart album in Photos for Depth Effect images taken on iPhone 7 Plus.
- Improves the compatibility of Microsoft Office when using iCloud Desktop and Documents.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from updating when using a Microsoft Exchange account.
- Fixes an issue that caused text to sometimes paste incorrectly when using Universal Clipboard.
- Improves reliability of Auto Unlock with Apple Watch.
- Improves security and stability in Safari.
- Fixes an issue that may cause Mail to display unnecessary password prompts for AOL accounts.
- Improves compatibility with Fujitsu’s ScanSnap scanning software.
- Addresses a “Filter Failed” error when printing to some Canon printers.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Grapher files from opening.
- Brings back the Safari option to “never use font sizes smaller than” for displaying fonts on webpages.
To Get the Update on your Mac
- Install any updates that are available, then check for updates again. Some updates appear only after installing other updates, and some updates are part of other updates. For example, updates for Safari don’t appear, because you get them as part of macOS updates.
- Use the Search field in the toolbar to search for the app that you want to update.
- Click Purchased in the toolbar to see which apps you got from Mac App Store. If you got an app from somewhere else, check with the maker of the app for updates.
- If you’re using OS X Snow Leopard or Lion, get OS X updates by choosing Software Update from the Apple menu. Get app updates from the Mac App Store.